Forwarding email out of a canvas course

Jump to solution
lkobus
Community Member

I used to be able to receive student emails from my canvas courses forwarded to my regular college email account.  I've noticed that is not happening anymore.  It is convenient to know immediately when a student is trying to reach me and this service allowed me to respond to students quickly.  Now,  must constantly check six different inboxes for mails and I have missed student emails.  How do I restore the feature of forwarding all Canvas emails to my office account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

HI @lkobus 

It sounds like you need to adjust your notification preferences. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-set-my-Canvas-notification-preferences-...

Note, the inbox tool isn't an email client, it is a messaging tool more like a chat.  Messages can't be forwarded out of the Inbox tool. The notification you get to your college email isn't a forwarded email, but a notification that you received a message.  While you can reply to the notification from your email client, there are some limitations such as attachments aren't included when replying, you have to attach files to messages from within Canvas. 

View solution in original post