Frustration with difficulty opening and viewing assignments

Jump to solution
vikkidvs
Community Novice

I and my 2nd grade daughter are extremely frustrated with the difficulty in being able to open and view assignments.  Our teachers are listing their assignments in each class under modules instead of the assignment tabs, so when we go to courses tab and click on a particular course, it is a long list of assignments and quizzes for the week and we have to open each one individually to view what it is and if something we have already completed, you have to go back to modules, reopen that tab and then see that long list again and click on each one to open, if completed, go back through the whole process until you reach the end of a list of 15-20 assignments for that week.  

In researching Canvas guides, I noticed that there is an easier way that teachers can post assignments to make it easier for us parents and students to view assignments and be able to filter them by what is not completed yet, what type of assignment they are, worksheet, quiz, spelling words for week, etc.  I sent the links from your guides to the teachers and am hoping they can do this if it is a simpler way of doing this.

Is this the easiest and less frustrating way to do this or is there a way that I have not found yet?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @vikkidvs,

Are you mostly wanting to open assignments that are due soon? If so, your student can enable the List View Dashboard to see assignments/quizzes/discussions, etc. in all of their courses organized by due date. Any assignments there will display an assignment icon and you can check items off when they've been completed. Also, just so you know, currently the List View Dashboard isn't available for observer accounts, but it's something your student could set up in their account.

If you're wanting to view upcoming items in a course, you could also use the To-Do sidebar or the course calendar.

Oh. Last thing. If you decide to keep using Modules, you can choose to collapse modules you don't want to see, so you won't have to scroll as much. For more information, see the View Modules step in the How do I view Modules as a student? guide. 

Hopefully, some of those ideas will help. Feel free to reach out if you still have questions. 

Naomi

View solution in original post