cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericwhitmer
Community Contributor

Full Credit or No Credit for Multiple Correct Answers in Quizzes

Jump to solution

Is there a setting for individual quiz questions to give full credit or no credit instead of defaulting to only partial credit?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @ericwhitmer ‌ - Assuming you mean for multiple answer-type questions--which sounds like the type of question you are referencing, since that's the only one I can think of offhand that defaults to partial credit--the answer is "no" on the current/traditional quiz engine. However,  @James ‌ has written a wonderful work-around to this dilemma that you can read about and use here: QuizWiz: Enhancements to SpeedGrader and Quizzes .

On the other hand, the exact opposite is true for multiple answer-type questions with the implementation of Quizzes.Next, which is covered here:  How do I create a Multiple Answer question in Quizzes.Next? As indicated on the documentation on that guide:

Students must get all answers correct to receive full credit for a Multiple Answer question. Partial credit is not awarded if any incorrect choices were selected or correct answers were not selected.

It's possible that your institution offers Quizzes.Next as a Feature Option within courses; you may want to check with your local Canvas administrator. If not, you would have to use James' QuizWiz feature.

I hope this helps, Eric!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @ericwhitmer ‌ - Assuming you mean for multiple answer-type questions--which sounds like the type of question you are referencing, since that's the only one I can think of offhand that defaults to partial credit--the answer is "no" on the current/traditional quiz engine. However,  @James ‌ has written a wonderful work-around to this dilemma that you can read about and use here: QuizWiz: Enhancements to SpeedGrader and Quizzes .

On the other hand, the exact opposite is true for multiple answer-type questions with the implementation of Quizzes.Next, which is covered here:  How do I create a Multiple Answer question in Quizzes.Next? As indicated on the documentation on that guide:

Students must get all answers correct to receive full credit for a Multiple Answer question. Partial credit is not awarded if any incorrect choices were selected or correct answers were not selected.

It's possible that your institution offers Quizzes.Next as a Feature Option within courses; you may want to check with your local Canvas administrator. If not, you would have to use James' QuizWiz feature.

I hope this helps, Eric!

View solution in original post