cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snugent
Community Champion

Fuzzy Text in sub menus

Overall I like what I see with the new gradebook. Only thing that bothers me a bit is the text in the sub menus. It appears fuzzy and not as sharp as the other text in the gradebook. 

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?  

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Susan,

We'd like to follow up and see if you're still seeing this text. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Erin

It looks does look better than previously. I think the menu text should be darker. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

snugent...

Wondering if this is a browser issue?  For example, the Grades menu text is slightly lighter in color in Chrome compared to Firefox:

ChromeFirefox
New Gradebook - ChromeNew Gradebook - Firefox
snugent
Community Champion

I don't see that much difference between the two browsers but it is noticeable in your screenshots. I am worried about the contrast not being enough especially for people with failing eyesight like me. 

kblack
Community Champion

As a card-carrying (and not very proud) member of the "over-50 club" and one who wears bifocals, I usually get pretty finicky when it comes to the text I'm seeing on the screen.  I see what  @chofer ‌ is seeing, as well, with slightly darker text in Firefox, yet I work mostly on Chrome and was not really bothered with what I would call fuzzy text when I was looking at beta the past few days.  Here's my screen captures, for what it's worth...to add to the mix:

Chrome:

259095_sub-menus-chrome.jpg

Firefox:

259096_sub-menus-firefox.jpg

Hi, Susan,

Is the Gradebook different from other areas of Canvas? Sometimes the resolution display of the screen where you are viewing Canvas can make a difference in how you view the images. 

The New Gradebook also isn't completely accessible, at least to screen readers, though I don't know if contrast has completely been finalized yet (this is one reason New Gradebook is still considered to be beta, aside from the fact full functionality is still being developed). We may all just have to wait and see how our accessibility team continues to refine the feature.

Thanks,

Erin