cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slmark
Community Member

Get rid of entirely...not just reset:)

Jump to solution

Is there a way to delete an entire course from my Canvas Dashboard?  I have a completed/passed class from last Spring's semester and two that are from last Summer's sessions, that are still on my Canvas dashboard.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slmark  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

A Dashboard spring clean is a good idea now and again. 

If you are a student in the course you can't delete it BUT you can clear it from your Dashboard.

1. Go to the 'Courses' button on the left hand Global Navigation Menu.
  2. Then click 'all courses' at the bottom of the list of courses that appears.
  3. Then colour the star in next to the courses you would like to appear on your dashboard. 

Job done. 

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slmark  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

A Dashboard spring clean is a good idea now and again. 

If you are a student in the course you can't delete it BUT you can clear it from your Dashboard.

1. Go to the 'Courses' button on the left hand Global Navigation Menu.
  2. Then click 'all courses' at the bottom of the list of courses that appears.
  3. Then colour the star in next to the courses you would like to appear on your dashboard. 

Job done. 

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slmark ...

I've marked  @Bobby2 's answer as "Correct" because she has given you some great information!  I'll just add that your school may have some policies in place that they do not unenroll you from courses even though you are finished with them.  That would be a question for your school's local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning department to see how they handle these types of things.  We wouldn't be able to answer that question here in the Community.  Here's a link to the Guide with instructions that Bobby referenced in her reply: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?.  I hope this helps, Stacy.

slmark
Community Member

Thank you so much for your input!!

Sent from my iPhone

slmark
Community Member

Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone