cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lindalee
Community Champion

Giving students a choice of questions to answer in a quiz

Jump to solution

Is there a way to give students a choice of questions to answer in a Quiz? For instance, if I wanted to design a Quiz with five essay questions, but wanted students to answer only three of those five questions, what would be the best way to accomplish that? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@lindalee ​, please read the discussion surrounding this similar recent question: Essay Question Choice

In your case, if you follow  @kona 's advice, you'd create a "text no question" type that contains the five essay choices along with clear directions to students, and would then provide only three text entry boxes beneath it in which students could compose and submit their responses. If you follow the suggestion of  @josh_emmitt ​, your Assignment Group would contain five separate quizzes, each of which presents one of the five essay questions, and you'd then set a grading rule to drop the lowest two.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@lindalee ​, please read the discussion surrounding this similar recent question: Essay Question Choice

In your case, if you follow  @kona 's advice, you'd create a "text no question" type that contains the five essay choices along with clear directions to students, and would then provide only three text entry boxes beneath it in which students could compose and submit their responses. If you follow the suggestion of  @josh_emmitt ​, your Assignment Group would contain five separate quizzes, each of which presents one of the five essay questions, and you'd then set a grading rule to drop the lowest two.

View solution in original post

Thanks, stefaniesanders​ and  @kona ​, this is very helpful! In my searching this morning, I didn't find the that discussion.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Glad you found it helpful! Smiley Happy