cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orra5
Community Member

Glitch with Media Comments

Jump to solution

Hi All, I've noticed a recent glitch with the media comment function in the Rich Content Editor. In the Upload Media tab, when "Select Audio File" is selected, the media comment is being embedded as a video comment instead of an audio comment. (The file type I have been using as a test is an mp3.)

The work around until the problem is fixed is to go into the html and change "video" to "audio" manually.

#mediacomment #problem #glitch

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

My apologies for giving you bad information,  @orra5 ! Most likely my colleague told me that it would be fixed in an upcoming release, and my wishful thinking read that as "the next release." The bug fix has been created and is slated to be released no later than the February 16, 2019 release [fingers crossed]. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@orra5 ‌, this is slated to be fixed in the January 5, 2019 release.

Thanks for the info. Can you let me know where I would see this? I'm not seeing it here... https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16061-canvas-release-notes-2019-01-05#jive_content_id_Fixed... 

@orra5 ‌, it's not in the release notes at the moment, but that's where you should eventually see it as the notes continue to undergo continuous revisions—so definitely follow the notes for changes.

This issue has not been fixed.

My apologies for giving you bad information,  @orra5 ! Most likely my colleague told me that it would be fixed in an upcoming release, and my wishful thinking read that as "the next release." The bug fix has been created and is slated to be released no later than the February 16, 2019 release [fingers crossed]. 

0 Kudos
lsmith129
Community Member

Has this issue been fixed? My media comments are all of a sudden not playing. I have hours of audio that students can no longer access. Please help!