Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgiraud

Global Information or Annoucement

I need a way to indicate to the student/observer community what day it is. In our new schedule next year, we'll be on a four day rotation. Literally Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, etc....

I would like a way to inform students what day it is via an announcement box of some kind.

Yes, posting what day it is on the calendar via a shared course like the Upper School Student Resouces "Course" would work, but we really don't want to clog up the calendar that way if we can avoid it.

Surely there must be other schools that operate on rotating day schedule that is something other than Monday-Friday. Anyone have a solution?

3 Replies
gorsi

Have you asked your Canvas administrator about posting a series of Canvas system-wide announcements that are targeted to "Observers"? Assuming everyone who needs to see your info has the same user role, an admin can create an announcement those users will see when they log into Canvas.

Here’s a screenshot of an announcement being composed by an administrator in Canvas: http://goo.gl/5Xi4nw 

Here's a screenshot of a system-wide announcement:  http://bit.ly/1U57ZcP

The problem with the Announcements solution is that it doesn't help students trying to plan in advance. I need a way of labeling days. I think the best way to do this is going to be to create an event for every day of the year in our course called Upper School Student Resources. It could make the already crowded calendar boxes even more unwieldy, but students can always deselect the Upper School Student Resources course and hide those notes as needed.

The global announcements might be a good idea too, especially if it displayed a banner on the Dashboard.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

cgiraud​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie