cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidi1
Community Contributor

Good ideas for orienting and training teaching assistants to Canvas

We have about 675 GTAs that need to be trained on Canvas and we have very few staff for the training.  Has anyone already created an orientation course that they would share and allow us to modify or does anyone have any best practices to share on orienting and training teaching assistants?

Thank you,

Heidi

14 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@heidi1 , as this is an open-ended question (and one that has generated a great set of resources) that doesn't have a "right" or "wrong" answer, I'm going to convert it to a discussion. Participation will remain open and additional contributions are most welcome!

...I wound up marking it as "Assumed Answered" and added some tags so that it will become more prominent in search results.

heidi1
Community Contributor

Kona-

If I got this file, I promptly lost it.  Could you resend please?

Thanks,

Heidi

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@heidi1 ​, sorry for the confusion. It wasn't a literal document, but a page of resources from the Community - Canvas Training Courses - does that help?

robin_bartolett
Community Contributor

Heidi - I was perusing Canvas Network and saw your question. Looks like you have toms of resources. We use a combination of two courses - Intro to Canvas and Boot Camp for TA. Most of our GTA, luckily) have Canvas experience (pretty much required for every course in the dept that has TA) so they go right into the TA BootCamp. This is a new course and we are launching in January. You can see the content here if you think you might want additional TA training. https://www.unthsc.edu/center-for-innovative-learning/teaching-assistant-boot-camp/  Does anyone else do a pedagogical course in Canvas for TA?

Have a great day!