cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDeWitt
Community Member

Google Assignments LTI Transition from Google drive cloud assignments

I currently have a course with many assignments linked to Google documents using the soon to be deprecated Google App for creating Google Drive Cloud Assignments. A few questions:

1) Do I need to redo all my assignments with the new Google Assignments LTI?

2) Is there a way to automate or reduce the effort to do this?

3) In playing with it, I can't find a way to embed a Google Document that allows a student to respond inline in the document rather thank having to download it. Am I doing something wrong?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
esanche7
Community Member

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Many of my teachers used Google Cloud Assignments, and with the end of the year coming, I know many want to be able to use these same things next year. I want to know if there is an easy way to do this, or will I need to go to every Google Cloud assignment and change them over to Google Assignments LTI 1.3?

rennickteach
Community Participant

I am interested to know if we will have to relink any resources added to pages or in the body of assignments. Some Slides or Docs I have to delete and reupload to the pages they were on, and others I do not. What determines whether this is necessary?

As for external tool assignments, I have consistently found that I have had to redo any external tool assignment that was created with the Google Apps.