cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rislis
Community Champion

Google Authorization

Is it possible to default all student users to have Google authorized in their personal account settings? This is super important in our Canvas on Chromebook world.

Tags (2)
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rislis , I'm not a programmer, so I can't say for sure, but my thought is no because when a student authorizes Google for use in Canvas, they have to re-enter their username and password. Yet, you might want to contact your Canvas CSM to see if they know of any way around this. I'm also going to share this with the K-12‌ group in the Community to see if they can help.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rislis ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

rislis
Community Champion

By this time of year, most students have been instructed to authorize Google in their profile settings. It's in the beginning of the year that we have issues and would want the settings to reflect that. I guess I always assume that if I don't get an answer here, there isn't a way to do it. Thanks for checking in.