Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfrizelle
Community Contributor

Google LTI and Observer Access

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've searched at bit - and didn't see the question. If it's been answered please direct me to the correct place.

We have installed the Google LTI. All is good there and teachers are embedding documents in pages. Brilliant. Except for one thing. Our parents (who are in as observers) are unable to view the documents. They are getting the following authorise error.

Google Authorise Message

They could authorise with their personal Google Accounts - but for numerous reasons we don't want that. We just want them to be able to view the embedded Google Doc.

We have tried all the different share settings on the Google Doc - and none of them work - including the Public on the Web setting (which is not ideal for our teachers). So the question - can parent observers view embedded Google Docs without authorising first? If so, what are the settings?

Warm Regards,
Sara

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matusiakmark
Community Participant

I believe the only work around to this is to post the Google Doc as a file, or link to a file within the page that has the already embedded file.  Basically you are creating two ways to access the file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rislis
Community Champion

I don't think this is possible, but I'm commenting so I get alerts for additional answers.

nr2522
Community Champion

Hi,  @rislis ‌.

If you click the Actions menu (with a cog icon) on the upper right, you can opt to follow a page.

Best regards,

Nelson

matusiakmark
Community Participant

I believe the only work around to this is to post the Google Doc as a file, or link to a file within the page that has the already embedded file.  Basically you are creating two ways to access the file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos