Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardinm
Community Contributor

Google LTI and iOS problems

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am playing around with LTi tools in Canvas, and a found a wrinkle. When I attempt to embed a document from Google Apps using the LTI tool, it simply does not show up in the iOS app of Canvas. It DOES show up on the desktop browser on both a laptop and in the mobile device Safari browser. I do know how to embed or link documents using iframe code and pasting into the HTML browser, but I was hoping this integration would be easier for my less technically inclined staff.

Does anyone know what's up?

1 Solution
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hardinm ‌, 

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that was addressed by the Canvas Mobile Product Manager in the following thread:

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/16925-cant-access-google-drive-in-canvas-mobile#comment-71713 

I suggest you report this issue through the app and comment on the previous thread as well. 

To report this issue in the app

1. Go to the profile section
  2. Tap on Help
  3. Tap on "Report a problem"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hardinm ‌...

It appears as though you are correct.  In my testing of an embedded Google document (using the Google LTI), I cannot view it within the Canvas app.  I know that some LTIs (and Google seems to be included here) do not work very well within the Canvas app (but they are viewable on a desktop/laptop or mobile web browser).  I've pinged a couple other Coaches to confirm this as well...in case they have any additional information to share.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hardinm ‌, 

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that was addressed by the Canvas Mobile Product Manager in the following thread:

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/16925-cant-access-google-drive-in-canvas-mobile#comment-71713 

I suggest you report this issue through the app and comment on the previous thread as well. 

To report this issue in the app

1. Go to the profile section
  2. Tap on Help
  3. Tap on "Report a problem"
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @hardinm ‌ - It is frustrating this happens. I teach at a school with 1:1 iPads and Google, and we haven't adopted the Google LTI yet partially because of this. I blogged about this last spring: Google LTI + Canvas Mobile‌.   @rseilham 's link to Peyton's comment is a great resource. Hopefully there will be an update for everyone soon.