Grade Book Question

Jump to solution
j_jackson
Community Novice

I graded an exam in eagle and posted the grades but they are not showing up in the grade book. If you go to the individual exams of the students (teacher view) the grades are there. In each of the exams the grade is in a grey box.

J.jackson@rockvalleycollege.edu

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@j_jackson  

If all of the cells are gray, that normally means that an assignment is being moderated and hasn't been made available to the students, but it can mean other things. For example closed grading periods are grayed out as well, but that shouldn't be an issue for Rock Valley.

This lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide may help understand what gray means to see if any of those cases apply, but it doesn't help explain how to get rid of it: How do I use the icons and colors in the Gradebook?  

You say you've posted, but the process got a lot more complicated with the switch to the new gradebook so there could easily be a step you missed (I try not to hide my grades and then I don't have to worry about it).

These lessons in the Guide address posting.

For others reading this: based off this page, RVC EAGLE - Learning Management System and where that link takes you, EAGLE is just Rock Valley's name for Canvas.

View solution in original post