Grade Conflict Error--Points must be greater than or equal to zero @HELP

Jump to solution
truehle
Community Member

Canvas was syncing with powerschool without any problems this morning.

Then it stopped. I keep getting the same error message.  I get the "completed" but with red exclamation point.

COLLECTION_GENERIC - 4452222d-b540-4f4b-ab9c-ad2661aef58f - HTTP response HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict
  response:  {"message":"Points entered must be greater than or equal to 0.0"} - null

I cannot find any assignments or any grades with points that are less than zero.  The only thing that I know I did differently between the grade syncs was manually submit some tests that had been "in progress".  Does this mean my grades are not syncing correctly?  Is there a fix?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
joshua_lebo
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @truehle,

I understand you are getting a grade sync error when syncing grades for one of your courses from Canvas to PowerSchool. Given the error message and the fact that there are no scores less than 0 entered in your Gradebook the most likely cause would be a score with a long decimal expansion which is not being converted correctly in PowerSchool. In cases like this I would recommend opening a case with Canvas Support using the Report a Problem link in the Help menu item in the Global Navigation Menu (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) so we can check the assignments and scores in your course to find the score causing this error message.

View solution in original post