Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsoares
Community Participant

Grade book icon: calculator and interrogation mark

Jump to solution

Hi:

I have been having my students take multiple choice quizzes on Canvas for a few semesters. The quizzes are automatically graded with the grade being clearly visible in the Canvas grade book. 

However, students grade are not showing up for the last quiz, due next Friday. Instead, I can only see, an icon (see image below). When I click on the icon, I can see the grade but do not know how to make it permanently visible.

I would like to know what I might have done to cause this issue and how to correct it.

Thank you for your help.

Jorge

Gradebook view

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jsoares 

The likely cause of this is that you made some sort of change to the quiz after those students had submitted it. Open the quiz in SpeedGrader, then navigate to each of those students' submissions and click "Update Scores".

I just notices that your icons are not for the legacy quizzing tool; but rather, is the assignment icon which tells me you are using Quizzes.Next. This guide should help you https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15061-4152801949 

Kelley

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jsoares 

The likely cause of this is that you made some sort of change to the quiz after those students had submitted it. Open the quiz in SpeedGrader, then navigate to each of those students' submissions and click "Update Scores".

I just notices that your icons are not for the legacy quizzing tool; but rather, is the assignment icon which tells me you are using Quizzes.Next. This guide should help you https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15061-4152801949 

Kelley

View solution in original post

jsoares
Community Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I did not recognize the icons from the icons listed on the Canvas content available on this site and I was concerned that I was missing some important information.

I looked at the link you provided but it does not match my grade book, from what I gather I can only access "speedgrader" from my grade book by clicking on a student's grade. 

The problem was there were questions that were not multiple choices that were included in the multiple choice question bank provided by Cengage and they were waiting for me to grade them. I missed them and also thought the icon would have been different.