cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstaats2021
Community Member

Grade passback error: Assignment cannot be created for section with id=115793

I have a teacher who is trying to use the passback system to post grades to PowerSchool. However whenever she clicks the sync button she gets a Generic Error Code:  Assignment cannot be created for section with id=115793. There is no cross listings in the course, all grading categories have been imported from PowerSchool, and the teacher even has another similar course that will sync without issue (both classes have been setup the same way). Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Hartnett
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @mstaats2021!

Was the course that is having this error generated from PowerSchool or was it user-created? In addition, does the course have a SIS ID number? If you take a look at FAQs for Canvas and PowerSchool, "Your course must have a SIS ID in Canvas to pass grades to PowerSchool. If your course or section does not include an SIS ID in Course Settings, please contact your Canvas admin." This could be the cause of the error.

mstaats2021
Community Member

My understanding is that all the courses were imported from PowerSchool, thus should have an SIS ID number associated automatically, is that not correct?

Steve_Hartnett
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@mstaats2021 That is also my understanding as well. I would suggest checking to see what sections (if any) are cross-listed within the course. It could be that the instructor created an additional section and then cross-listed this section.

I am getting the same error message. None of my courses are cross-listed. It looks like just one of mys assignments won't sync from Canvas to powerschool