Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rake_9
Community Champion

Gradebook Not Loading

Jump to solution

Description of the Bug:

• I enabled the new gradebook in a course that an instructor uses for practice / exploration.  The gradebook will not load.  It just spins.
  • gradebook will not load

Steps to Reproduce:

1. I cannot reproduce this in another course. 
  2. I thought maybe the issue was that there are no students in the course, but I put the new gradebook in another course of my own with no students and did not have this problem.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Doug,

Our current release is November 18; our next release will be December 9.

Thanks,

Erin

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rake_9
Community Champion

Note - I have tried this in a couple of browsers and the instructor also cannot load the gradebook in this course.

cphillis
Community Participant

I am having the same problem. I have turned the new gradebook on in a course with students enrolled but it is not loading for me or the instructor. If I turn it off the old gradebook loads fine. Any help would be much appreciated!

dherstad
Community Participant

This is happening to me too for one of my classes.  I'm going to escalate this to tech support and see if they have any insight.  I will keep in touch.

ryan_corris
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This has not been an issue for me.  Every time I have attempted to access my gradebook, it loads right away.  Hopefully the issue for you is resolved.

dherstad
Community Participant

Hello, I heard back from Instructure's tech support about this issue.  They said:

I understand that you're experiencing trouble with the new gradebook hanging on the spinner instead of loading.  I don't see anything wrong with your course, but I did find some similar reports from other institutions.  I don't know what the cause is at this juncture, but I do see an error in the background that says "can't read property hidegrade of undefinded".  Our engineers have a tracker open while they look in to this issue, and I've attached your case to it so that you'll receive updates automatically as they become available...

I'm not sure if the underlying issue you're having is caused by the same issue that I'm having, but just in case, the associated Jira issue in Instructure's system is:  GRADE-364.

Best wishes,

@dherstad 

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Valerie,

Our engineers have resolved this ticket and you should see improvements in our next release. If more people start to be affected by this behavior we may be able to deploy it sooner.

Thanks,

Erin

dherstad
Community Participant

Hi Erin,

That's great, thanks for the update!  When will the new release be coming out?  I'm still seeing this in my course.

Thanks again,

Doug

Hi, Doug,

Our current release is November 18; our next release will be December 9.

Thanks,

Erin

View solution in original post