Gradebook has grades, but gradebook history does not.

Jump to solution
ElizabethWI
Community Contributor

I am going over my older courses - mine are compliance courses, not academic courses, so I hang onto all courses for three years. I am looking over courses that I still need to have access to, but the most important part for me is the gradebook history, and I find that for several courses, the gradebook has grades, but the gradebook history is empty.

My courses are "ongoing" and are updated annually to include any regulatory changes and to allow for tracking by other means, given that Canvas is terrible for tracking if one is not managing one's courses in a standard academic manner, where the course is concluded and the students receive their grades officially at the conclusion of each academic course. The gradeboook history is the easiest way for me to have this information, so it is worrying that the courses seem to have purged the history.

Is this normal? I need to know so that I do not end up afoul of my regulators.

Thanks!

Elizabeth Oseid

UW Madison Office of Radiation Safety

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Per the documentation, @ElizabethWI , gradebook history is available for actions performed in the last 365 days:  How do I view the history of all grading changes i...   

Separately, 'spaminabox' might not be the best user name to use in a global forum, and we suggest that you request a change so as to come into conformance with our Be You guidance). We encourage our members to use their first and last names when interacting here and to complete their profiles so people know with whom they're engaging.

View solution in original post