cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjones8
Community Participant

Graded, but not showing up in GB

I created a Quiz but with only 1 question - an essay.  Students submitted, I graded, updated the scores and hit the Submit button.  In Gradebook all I see is the submission icon, although if I click on it I see the score I gave them. How do you make it show up in the gradebook?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi There,

I believe the issue is that for some of the essays graded, the points were given to the one question and for some the points were added to the submission as fudge points.  One the students were the question has no points but there are fudge points, their score is not showing in the gradebook, with the opposite being true for students who have a graded question but not fudge points.

jryter1
Community Participant

We have the same issue. Sometimes it shows in the grade book. Sometimes after hitting fudge points or updating the score back and forth and submitting it will show in the grade book. 

Just now. 3/14 show in the grade book after resubmitting over and over. And it won't let you add scores directly in the grade book. These are new quizes with just a few short answer essay questions. 

UGG. Canvas! YOu can do better!!!!

jryter1
Community Participant

OK. Here is my fix. You hit a green check box on one question. Then hit the submit button at least 4 times. Letting the green box that says you submitted it. Then on the next try it will update the score! It worked 8 times in a row..