Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h_carmichael

Grader Anonymity

Jump to solution

Hello, does anyone know if there is potential to fulfill grader anonymity in regards to the assignment comments when using speed grader or when uploading a document containing feedback?

This was raised a few years ago https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6986#comments however, the anonymous annotations in the doc viewer seem to be the only solution thus far, and doesn't fully cover grader anonymity.

The particular courses in question have large cohorts of students (250+) where using the annotation function is time consuming and not possible, also some courses use a set feedback sheet which is uploaded.

If anyone can provide me with how your Institution does this it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @kona ‌, thanks for your reply but unfortunately no. Grader anonymity is currently only available in the comments through Doc Viewer. If a feedback sheet or comment is added (to the right hand side) it displays the graders name, it's this area I'm wondering about in regards to making anonymous.

Kind Regards,

Helen 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@h_carmichael , sorry for the delay in response! Were you ever able to figure out the answer to your questions? I'm not super familiar with anonymous grading in Canvas, but I found the following guides that seemed like they might have some helpful information that was relevant to your questions:

Hope this helps!

Kona

Hi  @kona ‌, thanks for your reply but unfortunately no. Grader anonymity is currently only available in the comments through Doc Viewer. If a feedback sheet or comment is added (to the right hand side) it displays the graders name, it's this area I'm wondering about in regards to making anonymous.

Kind Regards,

Helen 

0 Kudos

@h_carmichael , sorry this didn’t help! You might consider creating a feature idea for this in the Canvas Studio‌. 

Kona

No problem at all, thanks for your help  @kona , I think it will require a new feature request.

Helen

@h_carmichael , Did you ever create a feature request for this as  @kona  suggested?  I would like to vote it up (multiple times).  Everything I could find in the community proclaims "Mission Accomplished" when clearly it has not been.  Worse than not providing grader anonymity is that there is the implication (at least to the uninitiated) that there is grader anonymity.  ?  The matter is partially addressed in this feature request which I just upvoted.  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13613-clarify-name-of-anonymous-grading-feature-option Thanks to anyone at  @jivedocs_unfede ‌ for listening!!

Hi  @hesspe ‌, not yet. We're looking into what policies we have in place regarding this in the first instance. If you create one before I get the chance please let me know and I will share for voting. It was very confusing and I have done a lot of digging to try and find out if it was intended they provide full anonymity but as you say it's all "Mission Accomplished".

InstructorK
Is there a way to remove the time stamp on the 
professor’s comments? Frankly, it’s none of my students’ business if I’m grading at 4 am.