Grades Export to EXCEL

Jump to solution
dayoung1
Community Novice

When I export grades to Excel file, the assignment date columns show up in random order, even if they show chronologically in Canvas. What am I doing wrong. We also need to send grades in 8.5X11 pdf sheets and I do not see any way to do this. HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@dayoung1  

When I export my gradebook, it shows up in the order specified on the Assignments page, which is by assignment group and then the order I've picked within each assignment group. The assignments on the Assignments index page can be dragged and dropped to change the order.

Canvas does not support printing. There are some minor allowances for displaying URLs when you print, but that's more of a nuisance for most people.

You could take your gradebook export and generate a PDF from within Excel by printing to a PDF file (you may need a separate printer driver or program to do this).

I do not recommend printing from with the Canvas gradebook as the links to the assignments get printed out in https:// ... form and fill the width of the page quickly. I only get a couple of columns per page when I try. There are ways to override that printing of the URL, but there would still be a lot of scrolling and printing involved. If your only goal is to print the gradebook and you cannot get the Excel route to work, it may be quicker to capture the screen and then print that. Then scroll to get more of the gradebook and then repeat until the entire thing is done. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes