Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardinm
Community Contributor

Grades not posting in Powerschool

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have everything set up properly with Powerschool SIS integration, and I have been using it for a few months. All of a sudden, the grades are just not pushing out to Powerschool. Sometimes just blank assignments post, and sometimes nothing posts at all. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbelew
Community Contributor

Have you spoke with support yet about the issue?   We've had that issue off and on and an email to them usually gets it fixed.

One other thing to note - if your on the latest version of PowerSchool there are some things a little different with the sync.   Now Canvas will sync the grades into whatever category you have chosen as long as they exist on both PowerSchool and Canvas.  So instead of everything going into Assignments and Quizzes, you can make it go into different categories when posted.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hardinm ​...

I am not sure of an answer for you (we are a Banner school), but I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the Canvas Developers group here in the Canvas Community.  If you are not a part of that group, you might consider joining.  Hopefully, your question will get more visibility there and also get a response.  Hope this helps!!!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@hardinm ​, since PowerSchool is predominantly a K-12 tool, I've shared your question with the K-12​ group as well.

bbelew
Community Contributor

Have you spoke with support yet about the issue?   We've had that issue off and on and an email to them usually gets it fixed.

One other thing to note - if your on the latest version of PowerSchool there are some things a little different with the sync.   Now Canvas will sync the grades into whatever category you have chosen as long as they exist on both PowerSchool and Canvas.  So instead of everything going into Assignments and Quizzes, you can make it go into different categories when posted.

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@hardinm ​, can you take a moment to update the discussion with the results of your investigation into the issue with Canvas Support?

@hardinm ​, since we haven't heard from you in a few days, we're hoping that you were able to resolve the PowerSchool issue with Canvas Support, or that the problem was otherwise resolved. I'll mark  @bbelew ​'s response with the Correct Answer designation. The discussion will nevertheless remain open should you wish to post a follow-up question.