cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsmith2
Community Member

Grades not posting to Power School

Jump to solution

Grades not posting to Power School:  I have looked at all the other suggestions, and none have worked.  Not all of my colleagues at my school are having the same problem though, so it must be something wrong at my end.  Assignments and their correct category will post.  More and more often, scores will not.  Some scores will and others in the same section will not.  If there are two sections, one set of scores will post and in a different section, the same assignment scores will not.  One thing that will post in Power School, is the "L" icon for late assignments.  That will post, indicating the student has turned it in, but it will not post the score. 

I have checked the Post SIS box. 

I have synced each individual section.

There is one due date for everyone. 

I have deleted and re-synced with Power School.

I have deleted, changed the title, and re-synced the assignment. 

How can I fix this?  Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hbradford
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Fredrick!

It sounds like there is some abnormal behavior happening.  The best thing to do would be to create a ticket and escalate that ticket up to our support staff so we can help you troubleshoot those issues.  Its hard to say why they aren't posting without seeing the whole picture. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@fsmith2 ​, I'm going to share this with the K-12​ and Grade Pass Back (all about PowerSchool) groups in the Community in the hopes they might have some suggestions.

I've also found some of the top guides for trouble-shooting/using PowerSchool. I know you said you looked at other suggestions, but I wasn't sure if you'd seen these and they are often quite helpful:

Hope this helps!

fsmith2
Community Member

Thank you for your response.  I looked through the links you provided, but I am pretty sure I had reviewed them before and found no outstanding issues.  Perhaps I missed something, but I am very confident that I did not.  Any other help would be appreciated.  I deleted all grades in a class section and re-synced, and no scores at all appeared, even ones that were there before.  I typed them in manually for a student that needed an update right away. 

hbradford
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Fredrick!

It sounds like there is some abnormal behavior happening.  The best thing to do would be to create a ticket and escalate that ticket up to our support staff so we can help you troubleshoot those issues.  Its hard to say why they aren't posting without seeing the whole picture. 

View solution in original post

sglenn
Community Participant

One thing we have found is if you have special characters or spaces in your assignment name. That will prevent it from posting to your SIS. I hope this helps.