cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
am_jagusztyn
Community Participant

Grades showing by wrong trimester

A few of our courses within the same department only show students and teachers the grades for the wrong trimester. For example, we are in trimester 1, but students and teachers can only see their grades when they select trimester 3. I've checked the settings and all the courses are trimester 1 courses, so I am unsure what the problem is. Anyone have this problem before? This problem does not affect all our courses.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@am_jagusztyn ,

First, I want to apologize for your question sitting in the community for so long without a response.

Second, it looks like you have stumped the Canvas Community.  Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

Hi Robbie Grant Admin , actually, I had solved this a while ago but forgot about the forum. It all depends on two elements 1) how grading periods are set up and 2) due dates on assignments. At my institution, I create one grading period set with our 3 terms sitting inside with dates that correspond to term dates. When this method is employed, if instructors do not add due dates to assignments, the assignments will default to the final grading period, so any assignment without a due date with fall in term 3, for example, rather than term 1 or 2. We solved this by ensuring our faculty put due dates on every single assignment which fell within the grading period. If grading periods are created term by term as their own set, I imagine this would not be an issue.