cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsthomps
Community Member

Grading & Audio Feedback for Group Assignments

Jump to solution

I set up an assignment as a group assignment, yet when I grade, it only shows individual grade. Further, I thought that I recorded feedback on the assignment, and now cannot find the audio file to share with the other members of the group. What have I missed? #groupassignments #grading #gradinggroupassignments#recordingaudiofeedback

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Heidi,

Without seeing your course and assignment settings it's a little difficult to tell what might have happened.  When you created the group assignment there is a checkbox to Assign Grades to each student individually.  

330566_pastedImage_1.png

If you don't check the box when you are in speedgrader you won't see individual students names in the upper right corner; you'll see group names and the comments go to everyone.  If you checked the box, speedgrader will look about the same as a non group assignment with individual names in the upper right corner.  But in the Comments section there is a radio button which controls if they comment goes just to this student or the entire group.  The default is just to the student, so perhaps when you added the comment it only went to the student who's submission you were viewing?

330567_pastedImage_2.png

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Heidi,

Without seeing your course and assignment settings it's a little difficult to tell what might have happened.  When you created the group assignment there is a checkbox to Assign Grades to each student individually.  

330566_pastedImage_1.png

If you don't check the box when you are in speedgrader you won't see individual students names in the upper right corner; you'll see group names and the comments go to everyone.  If you checked the box, speedgrader will look about the same as a non group assignment with individual names in the upper right corner.  But in the Comments section there is a radio button which controls if they comment goes just to this student or the entire group.  The default is just to the student, so perhaps when you added the comment it only went to the student who's submission you were viewing?

330567_pastedImage_2.png

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your prompt response!

I wonder if the issue originated when the student uploaded the assignment -- did he need to select the group name? It only shows that he received the feedback...

With kind regards,

Heidi

Heidi S Thompson, MBA

Marketing & Management Adjunct Faculty

WhatsApp/Text: +1 317 695-5673

hsthomps@butler.edu

Office: Graduate Suite 355

Andre B. Lacy School of Business

Butler University

4600 Sunset Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46208

https://www.butler.edu/lacyschool