cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_mcgarr1
Community Participant

Grading Google Cloud Assignments?

Is anyone experiencing issues viewing attempts submitted by students via a Google Cloud Assignment? I've created an assignment and watched my colleague submit a submission as a student in my course. However, when I go in and look at the Grades to view the attempt, nothing appears. Is there a step that I'm missing in order to see these submissions once they're done? 

Any and all help appreciated.

- Michael

14 Replies
michael_mcgarr1
Community Participant

Just an additional note: it looks like it is actually populating to the gradebook, it's just taking a long time to populate. It gets pushed in as a Word Doc, which makes sense. However, all I'm getting in that document is an xml error. Here's an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>account_93670000000000001/attachments/40967/Copy of JournalAssignment.docx</Key><RequestId>05EE5D59B320803D</RequestId><HostId>S7bRNiYMrbJmYGQ38PAjNC38qoi/AFHbd1+2TbVpwFeawjdPaDgIXgH+FCuQyTxDHVFO1OW13yY=</HostId></Error>

dloomis
Community Participant

Did you ever find a solution to this? Our teachers are experiencing the same problem and I'm not getting anywhere with Canvas support.

michael_mcgarr1
Community Participant

No such luck. The random xml error ironed itself out after a while, and a few instructors have hit it since but it's been random. One of our instructors had the same issue with several of her students who submitted in a 5 minute window where the errors were getting generated while the rest of the students' responses came through fine. I had her tell her students who's submissions didn't come through correctly resubmit and the next submissions all worked fine. 

The lack of update on this tool is very frustrating as these types of bugs really need to be worked out for this tool to be effective.

dloomis
Community Participant

Thanks for the update. We are K-12 and just switched to Canvas this school year. The inconsistency of the Google integration has been extremely frustrating for our teachers and students.

michael_mcgarr1
Community Participant

Agreed. We're new to Canvas as well, this semester being our first opt-in semester with the full campus switch happening next semester. I'm really hoping that this integration gets the care it needs to be improved in the not too distant future.

kaeli_madsen
Community Member

Also experiencing this issue, and sometimes assignments submitted just don't show up at all.

mraron
Community Member

I just assisted a teacher who has this error happening for half of her submissions. These posts were very useful, thank you. Students were able to resubmit without the error occurring. I wonder what causes it, and also hope it is improved. This was the first time this particular teacher was using Canvas, and having these glitches as her first experience will not make her want to use it again. 

dloomis
Community Participant

I've been in contact with our CSM almost daily for the past several weeks regarding the Google integration issues and finally I'm told that the fix will be deployed to production this evening.

michael_mcgarr1
Community Participant

Here's to hoping that's the case!