cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brent_scholar
Community Participant

Grading Rubric Issue After Range

Jump to solution

I was creating a grading rubric, and decided I wanted to try out the range function for a couple of the items. When I did so the rubric design functions decreased. I was unable to change the score on the far right, and was unable to update some items.

Attached are screen shots of the issue and what I needed it to say.

This started AFTER I made the first range item.

I look forward to any feedback you may provide.

Thank you.

Brent

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brent_scholar
Community Participant

You are going to love this  @kona ‌...I was just told by our design group "Apparently there's a glitch where you can't create and edit a rubric in different browsers or weird stuff happens, which caused issues here."

Fun!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@brent_scholar , greetings! Were you ever able to get this to work for you? Have you tried using a different Internet browser (Chrome or Firefox)? If you’ve tried this and are still having problems I’d escalate it to Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this click on the Help link and Report a Problem. 

Hope this helps! Kona

brent_scholar
Community Participant

Thank you  @kona ‌, no, this has not been resolved, and yes I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari and the same issue is there. Our tech support had the same problem too but I have not heard back from them either. I will report a problem as you suggested, as I did not know that was available to us, as Canvas is new to me. This being said, where is the help link, I have looked on the menu above and in my course? #newtocanvas

Happy New Year!

Brent

I’m sorry to hear that this is still causing you problems! Please let us know what you find out from Support!

Side note, have you tried recreating the rubric? I’m curious if this is a replicable issue or a one time bug. 

Kona

brent_scholar
Community Participant

I have not recreated it because it is TOO LONG! ;0)

Where can I find the help link you mentioned? #newtocanvas

In theory the Help link should be in Canvas on the middle-bottom left side of the page. Yet, every school can customize this so it might be different for you. You can also email support at support@instructure.com if that’s easier. 

As for creating rubrics, not sure if this will help you or not, but it has made my life a lot easier - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8844-importing-rubrics-from-a-spreadsheet 

Kona

brent_scholar
Community Participant

Oh, that help button...the one in front of my face. When I clicked on it, it is all university based support and this forum, so I will send an email to the address you provided.

Thank you!

Brent

brent_scholar
Community Participant

@kona ‌, as an update, no one from Canvas has gotten back to me about this, so we had someone rebuild it for me. My guess it was just an oddity.

Thank you for your support!

Brent

Sorry you didn’t hear back from anyone, but I’m glad you got it working! Thanks for providing the update!

Kona

brent_scholar
Community Participant

You are going to love this  @kona ‌...I was just told by our design group "Apparently there's a glitch where you can't create and edit a rubric in different browsers or weird stuff happens, which caused issues here."

Fun!

View solution in original post