Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a1145568

Grading not working Android app

Jump to solution

Hi, this is the first time I am using Canvas Teacher. I am trying to use the app to grade. However, when I click the student's name, it just jump back to the assignment page. I am not sure whether anyone else experienced this before? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Catherine_Fung, 

I just tested it with a large class and totally see what's happening. It starts to load the grading dials and then just gives up and they vanish. I'm going to put in a ticket for this and I suggest you do the same with Canvas or your local tech support. I will report back if I find anything out. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@a1145568 ‌, 

I have not heard of this issue before, but it doesn't mean it's not an issue now. Is it for all assignments or just particular assignments? If it's particular assignments, is it a specific assignment type (quiz, assignment, discussion, etc)? What Android device and operating system are you using? In the short term, I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Hi Ryan, thank you for your reply. I have tried a few tests after your suggestion. I realised it is not assignment type specific nor course specific. However, it seems to be a threshold on the number of assignment. I don't have too many numbers to test with. When I opened one that had 73 submissions, I could get into the grades. But if I opened one that with 254 submissions, it jumped back to the assignment page.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Catherine_Fung, 

I just tested it with a large class and totally see what's happening. It starts to load the grading dials and then just gives up and they vanish. I'm going to put in a ticket for this and I suggest you do the same with Canvas or your local tech support. I will report back if I find anything out. Thanks. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@a1145568 ‌, 

This should be updated in a future version of Canvas Teacher. I'm not sure of the release. When I get the word, I'll post back. 

Great! Thanks for the update!