Grading quizzes without grading each question

annespinoza
Community Participant

I'm wondering if you have to grade each question when grading quizzes or if you can just skip to the overall grade. 

I have a planning sheet for a project we do in class. Each question is worth 5 points. Some kids don't answer the questions--they write "I don't know" for every question or they write one-word answers. Rather than have to go through all 15 questions and give them 0 points I just want to skip to the end and give them a score of '0'  but Canvas makes me go through and enter 0's all the way down. 

FYI -I am using the old quizzes feature because it seems so much more intuitive than the new quizzes. 

P.S. I really wish there was another feature to do this kind of question and answer work. Having to make everything I do a "quiz" really freaks kids out. Every worksheet, planning sheet, videos/questionnaire, etc has to be a quiz and it's really just a psychological thing but surely you can come up with another category like, "worksheet" or something so I can use quizzes for true quizzes. 

0 Likes