cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agehman
Community Participant

Green check marks are not showing up

Jump to solution

I just masqueraded as one of my students and saw that although they were on track in the course, pages that they had viewed did not have a green check mark next to them in the modules.  Only the first page of the module had a green check mark (see screenshot below).  What am I missing?

207630_pastedImage_0.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
tdelillo
Community Champion

The progression icons will only display for items that are set as requirements. If you have selected the "Students must complete all of these requirements" option, it only applies to items you have added below that using the "Add requirement" link. I'm assuming from the screenshot that the first item is your only "requirement".

View solution in original post

agehman
Community Participant

Never mind!  I discovered that I must update the module by first removing the requirement, save it, then go back in and add the requirement again.  Thank you!  The "Set as requirements" link was very helpful!

5 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

The progression icons will only display for items that are set as requirements. If you have selected the "Students must complete all of these requirements" option, it only applies to items you have added below that using the "Add requirement" link. I'm assuming from the screenshot that the first item is your only "requirement".

agehman
Community Participant

OK, so I do have "Students must complete all of these requirements" option selected.  How would I add the rest of the module as a requirement though?

agehman
Community Participant

Never mind!  I discovered that I must update the module by first removing the requirement, save it, then go back in and add the requirement again.  Thank you!  The "Set as requirements" link was very helpful!

tdelillo
Community Champion

The link I added above will take you to the How do I add requirements to a module?​ guide. If you want the students to complete every module item, then you will need to add every item as a requirement.

This has always been a bit confusing. It was discussed at length in this thread, if you're interested. The outcome was that the "Students must complete all these requirements" and "Students must move through requirements in sequential order" option will not appear until you add one requirement, but there still isn't a 1-click way to make all items necessary and/or sequential.

tmckamey
Community Participant

Wow! This finally answers my question that I've been searching all over for, for like an hour, and this actually makes me really furious! The way that list of items is located under the SECOND option, it is NOT AT ALL obvious that the first radio button option applies to the list. I have always thought that list only applied to the second option. "Students must complete all these requirements" to me means students must complete all the items...I've read it a thousand times that way and never thought twice about it. guh. I hope Canvas changes that language and the way the information is organized in the window so that it's more clear that you have to actually list the requirements for BOTH options.