cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shapcr

Grey and black list down left side

Jump to solution

How do I change the color of the items on the left drop down menu?  I see that some are black when you start a course and others are grey.

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shapcr ​, do you mean the left navigation links in your course? See image to the left. If this is what you are referring to then the black indicates that students can see/access the links (except for Attendance & Settings, and a few other customized links) and the gray indicates that the students can't see/access the links. In some cases (like announcements and Modules) the links stay gray until you've added content to them.

The following two links should help explain more: How do I use the Course Navigation Menu as an instructor? & How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shapcr ​, do you mean the left navigation links in your course? See image to the left. If this is what you are referring to then the black indicates that students can see/access the links (except for Attendance & Settings, and a few other customized links) and the gray indicates that the students can't see/access the links. In some cases (like announcements and Modules) the links stay gray until you've added content to them.

The following two links should help explain more: How do I use the Course Navigation Menu as an instructor? & How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help Kona!  I forgot that for certain items that you had to create a module or page and publish it for it is change color.