cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victoria_richar
Community Participant

Group Discussion (Student View)

When I created a "Group Discussion" a few weeks ago, only the students within that group could see the content of the discussion. I am now seeing that students in other groups can see the content of a discussion of a group that they are not assigned to.

Is this a glitch? I tested it a few weeks ago and everything worked properly, now my "Group 1" can see the content of the discussions that are set to "Group 2".

I don't want to set these discussions as "Graded", I know that is a work-around. Would prefer to keep them ungraded to not freak the students out!

3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@victoria_richar ,

I just ran through several tests and I am not experiencing this issue.  In testing, I can only see the group discussions for which my test student account is a member.  I would recommend opening a trouble ticket with Instructure Support. This can be done from within the course from Help > Report a Problem.

Robbie

victoria_richar
Community Participant

@Robbie_Grant ‌

Thank you. I opened a ticket on Friday and they didn't get back to me. And I did again today and they might be running some tests, because I haven't heard back from them either.

Thanks for running tests.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@victoria_richar ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie