cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwhitney
Community Participant

Group Quiz - Multiple Tries - Scoring Decrease

I am using team based learning and wondering if there is a way to assign multiple students to a quiz and then as they answer the points decrease as they choose the wrong answer but they can continue to choose until they get the correct answer which would be 0 points if they didn't choose any of the correct answers for that question.

Example: Question is worth 8 points.  They choose an incorrect answer so the question is now 6 points, then they answer again incorrectly so the question is now 4 points and they answer correct so they get 4 points.

4 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wwhitney ,

Currently, this functionality does not exist in the Canvas Quiz Tool.  You might want to consider adding this as a new Canvas Feature Idea. For more information on how feature ideas work see the following guides, How do I create a new feature idea? and How does the feature idea process work?

The quiz tool is also currently undergoing a revamp.  You can find more information about it at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/quizzesnext?sr=search&searchId=82b672b8-f8a9-4670-85...‌.

Robbie

mjennings
Community Champion

I just wrote a post about this and shared the approach we are testing this term. You can check it out here --> /blogs/mjennings/2017/09/05/so-you-want-to-have-team-based-learning-quizzes 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @wwhitney ...

It's been since the end of August since you first posted this question here in the Canvas Community, and we haven't heard back from you.  So, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received from  @Robbie_Grant  and  @mjennings .  Did either of their replies help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with this question from Community members?  If you feel that one of the above answers can be marked as "Correct", please go ahead and do that.  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this thread and post a message so we can help you further.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for two months.  I hope that's alright with you, William.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

wwhitney
Community Participant

The feature I am looking for is not available in Canvas it seems.  I would like for Canvas to visit integrating more TBL features.