cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vartouhi_asheri
Community Participant

Group individual submission

Jump to solution

How would an instructor  after creating a group allow them to submit individually in that group. SInce once one person submits the file that is there prior to their submission disappears. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello vartouhi.asherian!  Is the issue that you cannot see the different submissions or that the students need to be able to see what the others submitted?  Students can currently only see the most recent assignment submission but an instructor should be able to see all of the assignments submitted.  If students needed to be able to review their assignment submissions together, this could be done in the group space created for each group, perhaps in a discussion ahead of final submission, but this may not be what they need.

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello vartouhi.asherian!  Is the issue that you cannot see the different submissions or that the students need to be able to see what the others submitted?  Students can currently only see the most recent assignment submission but an instructor should be able to see all of the assignments submitted.  If students needed to be able to review their assignment submissions together, this could be done in the group space created for each group, perhaps in a discussion ahead of final submission, but this may not be what they need.

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

My students have to submit multiple (2) files for one assignment. This is not possible in one attempt but it is in 2 attempts. It would be very helpful if they can see all of their submissions instantly now the groups ar emailing me because they are not sure all the documents are submitted.

ericwerth You say it is "currently" not possible. Do you know when it will be possible?

canvas3 Is there a tool (LTI-tool or #app voor teaches so they can manage the #groups, easier access to the "group space" pages (submissions, announcements, files and discussions)

Thank you

Hi  @r_francois   Is the issue you are experiencing that students cannot submit multiple files at the same time?  If so this should be possible.  I just checked in my sandbox (see below).  The students will see a confirmation that both files were submitted (also see below) and this is visible to other group members.  However, a student who submits the assignment and then resubmits the assignment will only see the most recent submission while you can see them all as the instructor.  Are your students experiencing something different?  If the issue is that different students need to submit files, then a solution may be to have groups designate one person to turn in the assignment and have all students send their file(s) to this member to upload at once.  In this way, all the students could see that all the right files were turned in.

Thanks!

336123_pastedImage_4.png

336124_pastedImage_5.png

Thanks ericwerth‌ for you quick respond! I checked my sandbox and we can upload multiple files as well. I understand that the problem occurs when a second file at a later moment is submitted.

I guess you don't have an answer to my second question. A group page for teachers to manage all groups in the course and easy access to the group "home pages". The rout via "people" is not easy.

No problem  @r_francois   I don't know if I understand exactly what you are trying to do in terms of the group page for teachers, but if you have multiple teachers in a course, you could create a single unpublished page that has the URL of each group homepage.  I checked with a colleague and since these links are unique, a teacher should be able to click on each to go directly to the group homepage.  Might be worth testing out!

That might work, good idea. 

Students have an "group" button in the menu. I hope canvas canvas3 can implement this for teachers as well so we can manage and check out the groups easier.