cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinman

Groups Visible to Instructors

Is there a way to make groups automatically visible to instructors in their global navigation panel? Our instructors would like to be able to click to their student groups from the left-hand navigation panel.

If anyone has any idea about this, that would be great! Thanks!

Sarah

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @sinman ...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered.  In reviewing your question, I thought that I would point you to a blog entry I wrote back in July 2015 that may help you out: Easy Student Group Access for Instructors.  It's located in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins?sr=search&searchId=bb2b2b0e-c102-46f5-8510-cbfde332306... group here in the Community, so you may need to click on that group link and then click on the "Follow" button in the upper right hand corner if you want to follow that group.  Also, in that same area of the page, you may also need to click on "Actions" >> "Join group".  If you have any questions about my blog post, please feel free to post those questions there, and I'll try my best to answer.  Thanks Sarah!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sinman ,

It looks like you have stumped the Canvas Community.  Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie