Community Member

H5P and Canvas App

H5P is not working with canvas app?

Tags (2)
8 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Based on the technical nature of your question I'm going to share this with the Canvas Developers​ and Canvas Mobile Users​ groups in the Community to see if they can help!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jorge_rojas , I apologize that your question has been sitting out here for so long without a response--but it appears you have the Community stumped! Were you able to devise a solution independently, and if you were, would you take a moment to let us know how you accomplished this? In the meantime, I'm going to attempt to enhance the visibility of your question by re-tagging the Canvas Developers​ and Canvas Mobile Users​ groups.

kroeninm
Community Champion

Any more details on this question?  We are just now diving into H5P, it would be helpful to know which OS (Android/iOS) and device you are using as well as the activity type.  Right now I'm developing a set of interactive Question Sets that are multiple choice/multiple answer with images. 

I embedded them into a Canvas page given the default Iframe embed code from H5P.

My activities right now are working on my IOS iPhone.  Haven't yet tested other devices but would love to pinpoint any activities/devices they do not work on.

FYI - the variety of activities and instantaneous immediate feedback with retry options on a Question level make this a nice tool for us to fit that goal.

- Melanie

IMG_0002.PNG

michael_rosenbe
Community Member

FYI H5P is launching a service website soon with LTi integration. Of course, there will be a cost, but well worth looking into. You can sign up at H5P.com

Too bad Canvas hasn't looked to integrate this directly into the LMS as a tool. That would be amazing.

l_lucas
Community Participant

Hi there

I am currently testing H5P in Canvas through the H5P.com LTI integration and it works really nicely in Canvas browser - and even writes to the gradebook - and navigation works well - BUT its a bit dodgy so far in the app (android).

When i click to go to the H5P assignment i get a largly blank page with some tabs across the top and I have to click a couple of buttons to get to the H5P assignment. When I get to it it works well - but the user expereience is not good to get to it

Hopefully there is an answer to fix this. Reaching out to H5P.com about it now

kerstin_jarosc1
Community Participant

Hi,

is there any update on your experiences regarding H5P and the usage in canvas (especially the apps)?

And is the implementation of H5P into Canvas easy?

Best wishes
Kerstin

l_lucas
Community Participant

Hi Kirsten

The issues with the Canvas app - seem to be the same for all LTI implimentations (including Quizzes Next).

There are 2 ways of bringing H5P into Canvas - as a standard LTI- or using XML so that it appears as part of he rich content editor (which we have found more useful). You have to remember to also set up your H5P assets as Assignments if you want the results to appear in the Gradebook.

Cost of the hosted H5P service is sub $1k for up to 5 authors which is pretty good

We have now set-up a subscription (they offered great tech support to help us work through some issues) are a planning a test roll out.

lex 

kerstin_jarosc1
Community Participant

Hi Lex,

Thanks for the update and the info! Sounds good and I'm wishing you the best for your test roll-out!

Kerstin