HELP ME PLEASE!! Been at this for 3 days now! Trying to synch grades!

Jump to solution
jonesl8
Community Member

Canvas has 5 assignment types (groups) - but Focus has 4.  I need to edit the assignment groups in canvas to match Focus's 4 groups.  There is NO PLACE on canvas - I have found - that gives a drop down list of ALL the Assignment Groups and allow you to edit some and delete some.  This is an ASSIGNMENT GROUP - I need to see all of them that it has so I know what I successfully added  - duplicated - and just need to get rid of.

1 Solution

Focus is Collier County Public Schools new student information system, although the page that calls it the new system has information from 2017-2018 on it.

Sometimes the instructions in the Canvas Guides can be a little overwhelming because of how much content there is in them. To help Leslie identify what the groups are, I've provided this more focused instruction set. Once the problem is identified, the full documentation that  @Chris_Hofer  provided can help figure out what to do.

Click on Assignments from the course navigation menu. This will show a list of all of the assignment groups but not as a drop down. You'll have to scroll through the page to see them all.

You can also click on the (1) Assignment Settings at the top of the Assignments page and choose (2) Assignment Groups Weight to get a list of all of the assignment groups.

345240_pastedImage_4.png

This isn't a drop down, but it's the closest thing to having a list all in one spot. To add, edit, or delete assignment groups, you will need to close this popup and follow the instructions from the Canvas Guide.

View solution in original post