cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holmant
Community Participant

HELP! Student cannot Access our online class today!

I'm admin to a class that is 13-weeks, 13 modules.  We are one Module 6 and I have a student who cannot access it today.  She's not been having any issues the past 5 weeks.  I haven't heard anything from the other 29 students in the class about not being able to access.

Prior to 5PM, I accessed our class (student view) in Chrome and Firefox, no issues.

How do I help the student so that she can access the class?

Thank you

3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Theresa,

It appears that your course will be available to students until August 16th.  I see that other students have been accessing the course today.  Do you know more specifically what the student is experiencing?  Have they tried all the usual troubleshooting steps such as rebooting, clearing cache, etc?

holmant
Community Participant

Hi!

The student e-mailed me at 5:05 yesterday (5 minutes after Module 6 opened) saying that she could not access. Module 6 opened at 5 PM yesterday and will remain open until 12:00 PM on June 30. I e-mailed our It department, but they had already closed for the day. I e-mailed student and told her that I had forwarded to our IT department and was awaiting a response. When she responded, I just happened to notice at the bottom of her e-mail that it read “Get Outlook for Android”. I later asked her what platform she was using, and she responded Chrome. I researched online about browsers and Canvas. Then I checked ECU to see if there were any issues with systems, no, there was not. I then researched more online, and went to the CommunityCanvas website and asked my question. Later, I e-mailed the instructor. I heard back from instructor about 9 pm. She told me to e-mail CPE at ECU to let them know a student couldn’t access, explaining I was successful in accessing the course via Chrome and Firefox (in student view). About 10 PM, instructor told me to put in a ticket to our IT team and call it a night. There was nothing else I could do. I submitted the ticket, then e-mailed the student informing her that I had not heard back from anyone, that more than likely nobody was on call at the late hour.

I was unavailable until 1 pm today, and everyone else can access the course as I did and they see nothing wrong on the canvas side. Still haven’t heard from the student. I did send an e-mail to another student (previous graduate from ECU) to see if she could access the course, and when I closed down at 10:15 pm last night, she had not answered…and she hasn’t answered me today. So, until I got your e-mail, I didn’t know if the students could access or not. I am a newbie to Canvas, and I do not know how to check to see if students are currently accessing or not. So thank you for letting me know that yes, there are students accessing.

I am at a loss as to what to do at this point, until we hear from the student.

Thank you!

T

Hi Theresa,

Feel free to DM me the student's name.  I'm happy to check the history in Canvas and see if I can determine what version of Chrome she is using.