cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slaster
Community Member

HOw to post assignment links instead of full instructions

how can I have assignments posted in modules that allow students to click the link and then have the instructions of the assignment instead of all instructions listed together?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slaster ,

Can you please provide a couple of screenshots, I would like to understand more about what you mean by the instructions of the assignment rather than all the instructions listed together.

Many thanks,

Stuart

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slaster ! I'm curious about your process as well! If you have a few minutes to share a screenshot or more information, that would be wonderful.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slaster  

If you are asking how to post an assignment to a module, you can learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12689-415241427 

For most simple assignments, the instructions you write are a part of the actual assignment. Below is a screenshot of the instructions for one of my assignments. It displays ate the top of the actual assignment.......

303716_pastedImage_3.png

However, the screenshot below show how that very same assignment displays in its module. Note - you do not see the instructions there.....

303717_pastedImage_4.png

I hope this is helpful!

Kelley

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @slaster ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I, too, wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on August 25, 2018.  It looks as though  @stuart_ryan  and  @klundstrum  were requesting some additional information from you, and  @kmeeusen  also gave you some helpful information.  Have you had an opportunity to review their responses?  Did any of the above responses help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to one of their replies.  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know that as well by posting a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for a couple months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Sonya.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.