cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdelillo
Community Champion

Has anyone else noticed files loading slower when adding to Modules?

Jump to solution

When you are in Modules, if you try to add an item, and choose Files from the menu, the course files load. It seems like they're loading slower since the latest release, and I thought maybe it had to do with the switch to the new Files interface. I submitted a ticket, but the answer was that a course with lots of files will load those files slowly. Has anyone else noticed a distinct difference in the behavior?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

Tracey,

I would recommend opening a trouble ticket with support if you feel that the Files area is loading slower than it should.  They may be able to provide better insight or a solution to this issue.

Robbie

View solution in original post

4 Replies
caldwell
Community Contributor

I have a course with a lot of files that now seems stuck on the "loading" screen whenever I attempt to add files to a module. I have left it for 10 minutes and come back to the same "loading" screen. To me, it definitely seems slower.

Update: Files eventually showed after 10 minutes to so. So it's working, but VERY slow. I also noticed that when you delete a folder in files that contains a lot of files that it can take upwards of 10 minutes to show that the file is deleted. Seems slower than normal.

hollands
Community Contributor

Sounds to me like a paganation issue but I'd be curious to know if there is a limit to the amount of text it can load at once. I do have to say I haven't had any noticeable slowness in Canvas using either Files system, but again I haven't been actively searching it out.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

Tracey,

I would recommend opening a trouble ticket with support if you feel that the Files area is loading slower than it should.  They may be able to provide better insight or a solution to this issue.

Robbie

View solution in original post

I did submit a ticket, but they said it was expected behavior for a class with a lot of files. My argument was that something had changed, that files were loading slower in the same classes, but they closed the ticket :smileysilly: