cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronald_sanders
Community Member

Having trouble accessing my textbook in EDU 100

Jump to solution

Hi.  I start EDU 100 on Tuesday; however, I'm trying to get started early.  I'm having trouble accessing the class required resource.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ronald_sanders  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you have posted your question to the global Canvas Community website where people from all over the world come to ask questions, suggest new feature ideas, post blogs, collaborate, review "how to" Guides, attend virtual online events, and a bunch more stuff...all about Canvas.  Your question about accessing class resources sounds very specific to a course you are taking at your school.  While we probably wouldn't be able to answer specifics (because the vast majority of people here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or the course you are taking), we can give some general suggestions.  One possibility of why you cannot access the content yet is because the course may not be published.  Your instructor has to publish the course in order for you and your classmates to access it.  If you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen in Canvas, you should see a column at the far right side of the screen for "Published".  If your course has a "No" in that column, then you cannot access it yet.  If the course is published, another possibility for not being able to access the course may be because of specific start/end dates your instructor has set in the course and whether or not he/she is allowing you to view/participate in the course prior to or after those start/end dates respectively.  I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor to get the specifics on your course access so that you know when you'll be able to start accessing the course content.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328?sr=search&searchId=6a3a5842-ba43-45e9-ae4f... 

I hope this helps, Ronald.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @ronald_sanders  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you have posted your question to the global Canvas Community website where people from all over the world come to ask questions, suggest new feature ideas, post blogs, collaborate, review "how to" Guides, attend virtual online events, and a bunch more stuff...all about Canvas.  Your question about accessing class resources sounds very specific to a course you are taking at your school.  While we probably wouldn't be able to answer specifics (because the vast majority of people here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or the course you are taking), we can give some general suggestions.  One possibility of why you cannot access the content yet is because the course may not be published.  Your instructor has to publish the course in order for you and your classmates to access it.  If you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen in Canvas, you should see a column at the far right side of the screen for "Published".  If your course has a "No" in that column, then you cannot access it yet.  If the course is published, another possibility for not being able to access the course may be because of specific start/end dates your instructor has set in the course and whether or not he/she is allowing you to view/participate in the course prior to or after those start/end dates respectively.  I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor to get the specifics on your course access so that you know when you'll be able to start accessing the course content.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328?sr=search&searchId=6a3a5842-ba43-45e9-ae4f... 

I hope this helps, Ronald.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above.

View solution in original post