Headers and Formatting the Course

Jump to solution
Community Explorer

I'm looking for a way to organize my content by Quarter.  I realize I should have done this first, but maybe there is a way after the fact.  I want to either create a Heading outside of a module (which Canvas doesn't do) or create a new Module called Quarter One and move all of the existing Modules under it.    I guess I'm just asking for another layer of organization for the content. 

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @109951  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I always recommend having your online course ready for your students before the start of term, and especially to not change the overall structure of a course during a term. Just confuses your students, and for some online learning is confusion enough.

However, Canvas does not do what you are asking for, but there is a long-standing feature idea for just this at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4636-modules-within-modules  - yet another thing I would not support. Check it out, read the discussion, and vote as you deem appropriate.

I am not sure what grade level(s) you teach, nor how your school organizes terms, but we create a new Canvas course for each term.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes