cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bourjaim
Community Participant

Heart icon next to a student's name?

So one of the students on my roster now has a heart icon following his name.  It definitely wasn't there yesterday.  Any idea what might cause this?  Because it's...well, it's just weird.

4 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

That definitely is weird - never seen it before.  Does your school allow users to change their names?  If so, they could have edited in an icon.  If you hover it does it show a URL?  Is your school running an LTI that may add it - maybe some sort of student success tracking package?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bourjaim  - A few months ago  @abunag  offered a few ideas as to why a student may have a new icon by their name. After some time, what did you learn? It would be interesting to learn what was causing the change on your roster.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bourjaim ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on January 23, 2018.  ( @klundstrum  also tried checking in with you on April 13, 2018.)  We'd like to know if you've had an opportunity to review the feedback that you received from  @abunag .  If so, did Anthony's response help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions for Community members as it relates to your original question?  If you feel that Anthony's feedback has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to his reply.  However, if you are still looking for some assistance from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for several months.  This won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic, however.  I hope that's alright with you, Matthew.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

jlo998
Community Member

There are suddenly two heart icons appearing next to one of my student's name. It's bizarre and I can't find out how to get rid of them. The name shows up like this in the email list.