cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwistar
Community Participant

Help using Canvabadges?

Jump to solution

I'm possibly interested in using Canvabadges here on my school's Canvas instance, but when I went to website (Canvabadges), there was no obvious link to contact the developer. I have some questions that I need to get answered. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the developers of Canvabadges?

Thanks!

Roger

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks  @kona ​!! I love the canvabadges​ platform for gamification and delivering course badges in Canvas. The course I designed was made with teachers in mind with the hope that I could walk any teacher who wanted to use badges in their Canvas courses through the process successfully. If you have any questions, rwistar​, please let me know.

View solution in original post

31 Replies
James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

Brian Whitmer, one of the co-founders of canvas, created them.  You can get more info here:  Edu App Center

He's very accessable on twitter Brian Whitmer (@whitmer) | Twitter

James

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Roger, another option is to try the free Badges for Learning course by  @jward ​. It literally takes you step-by-step how to set up and use canvabadges in a straight-forward and easy to understand manner. The best part? If you have questions you can always ask Jared! 🙂

Hope this helps!

Thanks  @kona ​!! I love the canvabadges​ platform for gamification and delivering course badges in Canvas. The course I designed was made with teachers in mind with the hope that I could walk any teacher who wanted to use badges in their Canvas courses through the process successfully. If you have any questions, rwistar​, please let me know.

View solution in original post

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Rodger,

Keep an eye out for another round of the awesome course Jared Ward created, this time tied to CanvasLIVEand Canvas Community badging. 

SD

rledda
Community Champion

Hello to everyone,

I hope you can help me. I manage to set up badges in the different modules and students are able to earn them. However, my problem is that I'm not able to make them visible in the users profile.

I have a dummy student to do some tests. This students has earned the badge and I have selected to show badges in its profile but nothing happens.

I know the theory part, my problem is in the execution. So according to this website I have to include in my global CSS the following code https://www.canvabadges.org/canvas_profile_badges.js

I've downloaded the .js file and uploaded to my server. I have informed the url in the "Global JavaScript URL:" but nothing happens. So I believe I missed one step here. Any step by step for dummies for this part?

Thanks in advance.

Rosalie

jared_flaherty
Community Contributor

HI!

I'm having the same experience Rosalie....   per chance to find out the step by step for dummies on this one?   

@rledda ​ and  @jared_flaherty ​, I am working on the step by step "for dummies" instructions for this part of the Canvabadges training I am holding in a couple of weeks. As soon as I have that polished up, I'll share it here, too. In the mean time, I'd love to help you get this up and running at your schools. Send me a message with your instance of Canvas (here in the Community or by email: jward@instructure.com) and I'll gladly take a look at it and see what I can figure out.

-Jared.

jared_flaherty
Community Contributor

Awesome Jared!     Thanks!    I am at Park University,   park.instructure.com

I think we have canvabadges setup a-ok, except for viewing badges on other users' profiles....

Thanks!!!!! 

jared

rledda
Community Champion

Thanks a lot Jared, my instance is skillsalliance.instructure.com

I think and I are in the same situation. We managed to do all the steps except for that we are not able to succeed to make badges available in the user's profile.

Rosalie 🙂