cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mde62
Community Member

Help with Turn-It-In

Jump to solution

Help! I'm home grading papers, and I set up the submissions to run through Turn-It-In. But, I don't see anything indicating that it has done that. I went back to see if I had set it up right, and I did. Why am I not seeing the Turn-It-In percentage box in the upper right-hand corner?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,  @aaron_bahmer ‌! The turnitin icon in Speedgrader is a colored box with a number in it. The color and number are an indication of the similarity report in TII. It should look like this in Speedgrader:271555_pastedImage_1.jpg

View solution in original post

7 Replies
dhulsey
Community Champion

Hi,  @mde62 ‌. Do you know what version of Turnitin you are using in Canvas? It is going to be API or LTI. If you are using LTI and the icon is not showing in speedgrader, contact your local Turnitin admin to make sure the app is set up right in Canvas. You can find the correct account level set up in https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/plagiarism/blog/2015/04/18/canvas-and-turnitin?sr=search&sear...‌. 

Does that help?

aaron_bahmer
Community Contributor

I just set up and tested our Turnitin LTI and had no idea what to expect. From our former LMS, I expected to see a Tii Inbox and Settings in the Assignment and did find that in Canvas. However, I found that SpeedGrader didn't seem to offer any link to Tii. From  @dhulsey 's post, it sounds like there should be some kind of Tii icon in SpeedGrader... what should I be looking for??

mde62
Community Member

Okay, thanks. It was set up by our IT people who deal with Canvas on campus. I'll check with them. This is the first time I've had a problem with it.

Hi,  @aaron_bahmer ‌! The turnitin icon in Speedgrader is a colored box with a number in it. The color and number are an indication of the similarity report in TII. It should look like this in Speedgrader:271555_pastedImage_1.jpg

View solution in original post

aaron_bahmer
Community Contributor

Excellent. I am seeing the similarity score. Thanks!

Fantastic! To open up the full report, you should be able to click on the icon for each student. Smiley Happy