cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nelson25
Community Member

Hidden comments

Jump to solution

Can I use Crocodoc to mark up/comment on student work without them ever seeing it?

I would like to make notes on student papers for my eyes only. How can I keep my comments hidden?

I understand that "muting" is just temporary (though I don't know why).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@nelson25 ​, Crocodoc annotations are specifically designed to provide students with feedback on their work, and it is not possible to hide the annotations once an assignment has been "unmuted." if this is functionality you'd like to see implemented in Crocodoc--perhaps something along the lines of marking certain comments "private"--and giving consideration to the fact that Crocodoc is a third-party tool over whose design Canvas has no control, you would need to submit that request directly to Crocodoc Support​.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@nelson25 ​, Crocodoc annotations are specifically designed to provide students with feedback on their work, and it is not possible to hide the annotations once an assignment has been "unmuted." if this is functionality you'd like to see implemented in Crocodoc--perhaps something along the lines of marking certain comments "private"--and giving consideration to the fact that Crocodoc is a third-party tool over whose design Canvas has no control, you would need to submit that request directly to Crocodoc Support​.

View solution in original post