cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gangeljm
Community Member

Hide Links

Jump to solution

How do I hide access to links on left side (discussion, assignments, etc.)? I want to direct students to MODULES and hide Discussions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @gangeljm ​ - That is a common practice in Canvas-dom!  To hide your menu items, follow the instructions on this page:  How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?  (I really DO wish they would just call that tab "Course Menu" rather than "Navigation," but I guess that's just me!)  But many of our faculty do exactly what you do--hide virtually everything other than the Modules page when they want students to use only Modules.

And--not that you asked--if you are using Modules and ONLY Modules, I cannot emphasize enough to you to use the Student View to make sure that things are being viewed as they should!  (What is Student View? for more information.)

Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @gangeljm ​ - That is a common practice in Canvas-dom!  To hide your menu items, follow the instructions on this page:  How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?  (I really DO wish they would just call that tab "Course Menu" rather than "Navigation," but I guess that's just me!)  But many of our faculty do exactly what you do--hide virtually everything other than the Modules page when they want students to use only Modules.

And--not that you asked--if you are using Modules and ONLY Modules, I cannot emphasize enough to you to use the Student View to make sure that things are being viewed as they should!  (What is Student View? for more information.)

Hope this helps a bit!