cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfrankli1
Community Participant

Hide courses

Jump to solution

I would like to hide all the courses for a particular term from instructors and students. Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sfrankli1
Community Participant

Hello Everyone,

We did not use the suggestions from Anthony or Kona. We just un-enrolled everyone via csv.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Just to be clear, you don't want Instructors or Students to be able to see/access courses from a previous semester? If so, then it's easy to do this for students for the end of the course by checking the "Restrict students from accessing courses after end date" from Admin settings. As for restricting Instructors from their previous courses, I'm not sure how you could do this other than removing the faculty from the courses. I'm going to share this with the Canvas Admins group to see if they have any suggestions.

sfrankli1
Community Participant

I want to hide courses from an upcoming semester (2017Fall) that has already been imported from our SIS, not a previous semester.

abunag
Community Champion

I'm not sure if it will completely remove them, but you could add dates to the term itself.  Adding a start date sometime in the future for teachers and students should prevent it from showing on their dashboard, if I remember my testing from a year or so ago.

How do I use term dates, course dates, and section dates in Canvas?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

You can hide them from students by going to admin settings and checking the "Restrict students from viewing future courses in enrollments list.". You should be able to keep faculty from accessing the courses using the start date/time for the term, but I'm not sure how you could keep them from viewing that the courses exist (so the course would still show up in their all courses list).

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Did any of the responses to your question help?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sfrankli1  - It's been about two months since we last heard from you. Did the responses from  @abunag and  @kona  resolve your issue/concern? For now, I will mark this question as "Assumed Answered"; that will not prevent you or others from responding. If there is a workable solution posted here, please mark that answer as "Correct"--and if you arrived at a different solution, please take a moment to update the thread. Thanks!

sfrankli1
Community Participant

Hello Everyone,

We did not use the suggestions from Anthony or Kona. We just un-enrolled everyone via csv.

View solution in original post