Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rking
Community Participant

Hiding Assignments versus Locking them

Jump to solution

Good Morning!

One of my teaching colleagues has set up their assignments for the year in spelling (see below) He has changed the available dates to correspond with the appropriate week, but in Student View, they students would still be able to see the assignments, which might be overwhelming.

Is there a way to hide the assignments from student view until a given date? I am aware we can unpublish/publish them, I'm just afraid we will forget to do that Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@rking ​, I'm still wrapping my brain around all of the permutations of your question, so I don't have an answer for you yet. Let me ask you this: Where would you like the assignments to be hidden from students? In Modules....on the Syllabus page...on the Assignments tab...in the Grades tab...all of the above? Without manually publishing/unpublishing, I'm not sure all of this is possible. See:   I'm not sure that, even if this feature idea were to be implemented, it would hide the title from students everywhere it appears to them in a course.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rking
Community Participant

Capture.PNG

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@rking ​, I'm still wrapping my brain around all of the permutations of your question, so I don't have an answer for you yet. Let me ask you this: Where would you like the assignments to be hidden from students? In Modules....on the Syllabus page...on the Assignments tab...in the Grades tab...all of the above? Without manually publishing/unpublishing, I'm not sure all of this is possible. See:   I'm not sure that, even if this feature idea were to be implemented, it would hide the title from students everywhere it appears to them in a course.

View solution in original post

rking
Community Participant

Stefanie, We are talking about assignments in the Modules section, so that Hide locked Module title/contents from students before release date seems to be exactly what we are looking for. Thanks for your help!

Does anyone perhaps know a work around this though? Smiley Happy

DaleDrees
Community Champion

The only way I know how to hide a module or content in a module completely from the students is as stefaniesanders​ mentioned - manually publish/unpublish. We have a few faculty that do this but you just have to remember to turn on the items when they are supposed to be accessed by the students.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

No, unfortunately unless you're a programmer and can work with the Canvas API, I don't believe there is a current way around this. Smiley Sad